Receive File Extension Errors?
- Have you trying to open EDITOR file to no avail?
- Does your program associated with EDITOR extension fail to launch?
- Is your Windows system not responding due to the missing components of EDITOR file type?
- Is this file or associated program infected and your computer being hijacked by some virus or malware?
File Extension General Info
|Security level:||The lastest EDITOR is being reviewed by Advanced File Fixer technical team. It is highly recommended to run a FREE security and performance analysis on the latest version of this file extension. If you have additional information on this file extension, please contact us via the support form.|
Fail to Open EDITOR File Extension?
EDITOR is a kind of normal file extension which is used by various operating systems. Normally, it is quite easy to open the EDITOR without any error messages. Of course, sometimes you may receive messages when trying to open the file extension like: "Invalid file extension: undefined" "incompatible file type and file extension" "there is no script engine for file extension EDITOR" "The file extension is invalid". To identify the causes of the file extension error messages and resolve the problems, you had better have the basic idea that what is the file extension and figure out how the error message could be caused at first.
Usually, File extensions show information about the file format. Applications are assigned to a file extension for opening it. You would easily recognize the specific format of a file by the file extension. All applications that want to open a particular file type must have to register their association in Windows registry. Windows allow many applications to associate with a single file extension so the file extension error messages rarely appear on your computer. If you do receive the file extension errors, you need to assure your computer is safe without any virus or malware which blocks you to open the related file extensions correctly.
How do the file extension errors occur? When you try to read or open a file extension which is not compatible with the certain programs, you probably receive the error messages. For example, if you try to open the EDITOR file extensions but the windows system can not find out what the program is supposed to open it, then you would receive the EDITOR file extension error messages. Don’t be hesitated to repair the file extension errors, they may be caused by the virus, spyware, Trojan and even the corrupted Windows registry entries. If you just leave the error messages on your computer, you perhaps would receive other system problems. To fix EDITOR error messages, please continue to read the following contents of the article.
What is File Extension
Windows file extension is used to identify which application you need to install to open the files on your system. The associated Windows EDITOR file extension is recorded in Windows Registry, which is the central database for Windows to manage system settings and configurations, and third-party software.
Video: How to Edit and Backup Windows Registry
Why I Can't Open EDITOR File
In most cases, the problem happen because the file association is missing or invalid in your Windows Registry. You will need to re-install the associated program and fix the Registry problems if found. Due to the massive spread of malware and virus online, it is also possible that the file and the associated program have been infected or hijacked by some malware or virus. Please follow the steps below to completely fix your this file association and open it with the right program instantly.
How to Show/Hide File Name Extension
- Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, then go to Control Panel=> Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
- Click the View tab and do one of the followings:
- To hide file extensions, check the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
- To show file extensions, uncheck the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
How to Fix/Open Ihis File Extension
- Download and Install Windows EDITOR File Fixer.
- Click 'Start Scan' button to initialize the file extension analysis.
- Click 'Fix Now' button to fix and open your EDITOR file.
How to Remove Related Windows Errors?
- Download and Install Windows EDITOR File Error Repair Tool.
- Update to the latest repair tool version.
- Wait for the scan to be completed and then click 'Fix Now' button fix the Windows errors related to this file extension completely.
What to do if the file extension was infected by virus or malware
- Download and Install Windows EDITOR File Virus/Malware Removal Tool.
- Click 'Start Scan' button to run a thorough scan for your computer system.
- Click 'Remove Now' button to thoroughly remove any detected virus/malware.
Most computers have corrupt, invalid, useless and possibly harmful files.Scan PC Errors
Top File Extensions
- file extension torrent
- file extension pdf
- file extension mp4
- file extension flv
- file extension 3gp
- file extension xls
- file extension dat
- file extension dll
- file extension rar
- file extension vob
- file extension doc
- file extension docx
- file extension pps
- file extension bin
- file extension m4a
- file extension tmp
- file extension xpi
- file extension bup
- file extension wmv
- file extension thm
- file extension dmg
To fix/open file extension and fix related file extension error, it is recommended to download Advanced File Fixer to fix the file format instantly!
Additional Knowledge of EDITOR File Extension
How to Edit the EDITOR File Extension Information Manually? File extensions associations with applications and other information is stored in Windows Registry. File extensions information in Windows is stored in the key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.You are allowed to edit the registry entries in the registry editor in order to correct the invalid registry entries or create a new one manually under any Windows operating system. Please follow the instructions as below to edit the file extensions in the Windows registry:
- 1. Click “Start” --- “Run”
- 2. Type ‘regedit.exe’ and click OK. You will see a windows pops-up. That is the Windows registry editor. From here, you can modify and delete any registry entries of Windows system. All of the registry information is stored in this utility.
- 3. In the Windows Registry editor, find out the key folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.
- 4. Search out the specific file extension registry key by using its name.
- 5. Before you do anything with the Windows registry, please backup the registry folders at first because any mistaken will bring serious problems to your computer operating system. In some cases, the PC system even would crash. To avoid any accident, it is highly recommended you make a fully backup for the registry.
- 6. Now edit the registry key and values of the file extension. You can also right-click on the editor screen and choose option to create a new name, value for the file extension.
- 7. Close the Windows registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
File Extension ReferencesChange the program that opens a type of file
What is Filename extension